Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tomorow will mark.......

Hi buddy, sorry I havn't written to you in a few days! Guess what tomorow will mark it will mark a year since we started the adoption process to bring you HOME!!!!(Tomorow is also mommy's birthday) 
(first picture we ever saw of your sweet face and red hair)
Somtimes I can't belive it has been a whole year already and somtimes I can't belive its only been a year!
I remember when mommy told me to come to her she was sitting at the computer desk and she was on this website called Reeces Rainbow
and she said "Does this little boy look like he could be your brother?"
and I said "Whats his name"
she said "Does it matter?"
I then said "No"
then she asked me again "Does he look like he could be your brother?"
I said "Yes"

I remember when we got new pictures of you

Me and mommy were downstairs in the daycare room whatching the daycare kids and mommy opend her laptop to check her emails to see if there was any pictures of you (she asked someone for updates on you) and when mommy opend up an email it had some info and pictures of YOU mommy started crying she could barley say my name I knew what she just saw I knew it was pictures of you but still I asked "What's wrong?". When I got up from sitting on the ground playing with one of the kids I went over and stood behind mommy while she had the laptop on her lap mommy looked up at me with tears in her eyes and she hugged me really tight we scrolled by all of the pictures of you looking at each one thinking you were just so perfect!

(Pictures from March 2010)
When I saw these pictures of you I knew you were my brother there was no dout about it!


I also remember the day we had our Homestudy visit
We had to clean the whole house every room had to be cleaned when the day came for the visit we were all so nervous! We each had to have a little talk with our SW I was so nervous that I was going to mess somthing up and we wouldn't be able to adopt you! That same day me and Makenzy had a softball game I don't remember if we won or not! We had our homestudy visit in April and it was a wondeful month!
(My bed)

Mommy, Manda and I loved to go shopping to get clothes for you the hardest part was trying to figure out what size you were we thought maybe around 18-24 months size....

This is a shirt I found while Mommy, Manda, Jordan and I were in a resale shop..
I looked at the size and it said 24months (I think) I held it up to read what it said and then when I saw what it said I showed Mommy right away.... when I showed mommy I said "Look at this we have to get it" and we did get it!


Through the summer we had lots and lots of fundraisers

Puzzle fundraiser

Chocolate Fundraiser
T-shirt fundraiser (we got the idea for these t-shirts from the one I found)


Ipod Fundraiser
(we didn't have this fundraiser until after mommy and daddy got back from the first trip)

Mommy, Manda and I also had a booth at a few doll shows where mommy sold her dolls!


The months rolled by and we waited for some news that would tell us that mommy and daddy could come and meet you!
In October we recived new pictures of you and boy did you grow in those 7months



                                    I couldn't belive how big you got in just 7 months!
About 2 or 3 weeks later mommy and daddy got the travel date to go and meet you for the first time! They got to meet you for the first time on November 15th 2010!

You even changed in just those few weeks of when we got the pictures in October!

I couldn't belive mommy and daddy were there with you after all of our waiting the day finally came!

While we waitied for 3 months mommy checked here emails every day seeing if she got an email saying that they had our court date we wait for 3 months for that date and it finally came Mommy and dadddy would have court for you on March 1st it was the most AMAZING news ever!!!! We were so happy that mommy and daddy would go back and see you soon :D



Mommy and daddy love you so much!

Look how much you changed in just 3 months! You got a hair cut and it looks so adorable!


Mr. Cutie pants,
You officialy became a Nine on March 1st 2011
We love you so much buddy and can't wait until you are home!

Throughout the adoption we have met many wonderful people

Mommy has become good friends with this nice lady named Heather she is adopting her little girl from your country and you will be able to meet her when mommy and daddy come back to get you
Here is the little girl that you will be meeting soon you guys are going to have so much fun together!

We also have met 2 wonderful girls name Taylah and Ashley! Ashley has a little sister name Laura who has DS and Taylah has a cousin named Oscar who has DS!!!

Here are your new friends Taylah and Oscar!

and here are your other new friends Ahslay and baby Laura!


Buddy you have changed my life so much and I'm so proud to call you my brother!
Forever and Always
Love sissy

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!!! Josiah is very lucky to have such a nice sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't WAIT for you to squeeze and kiss your little brother. It won't be long! How lucky he is to have such an awesome family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!
    Heather- I can't wait until Anya is home with you and until you can meet my mom!

    ReplyDelete